Greylocke & Company has a very simple approach – “Always be ON”. Our team never stops searching for talent or staying close to the demands and needs of the employment market.
We encourage the same mentality in our clients; the best time to engage Greylocke & Company is before you truly need us. When a permanent search, interim assignment or project requirement is in the early stages of development and perhaps only a “possibility”, time is on your side by involving us as early as possible to help build the foundation for a successful outcome.
Greylocke & Company’s contingent search service delivers “blue-chip” candidates for your most critical hiring needs. We leverage our extensive internal database, our memberships in professional associations and our proprietary network to quickly identify a targeted set of candidates closely matching your requirement. The value proposition of engaging Greylocke & Company is further reinforced with our performance guarantee.
Generally speaking, our clients find that excellent accounting, contracts and compliance professionals are very difficult to locate and attract, even when general unemployment is high, so our recruiters invest in a daily routine that keeps them in perpetual contact with “passive” candidates. We are positioned to undertake a search on our own or in concert with your internal human resources effort.
The following is a representative sample of some of the permanent search assignments which we successfully completed:
- CFO for a $200M international NGO focused on community development, food security and agribusiness
- CFO and Controller for a humanitarian not-for-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation and development assistance
- VP, Finance; Sr. Director of Sponsored Programs; and Executive Director for Clinical Oncology for a not-for-profit medical research organization
- COO for nationwide residential real estate brokerage company
- Restructuring Partner for a private equity firm and a CFO for one of its portfolio companies
- Tax Director for publicly traded international telecommunications company
- Chief Accounting Officer for a private held real estate development and management company
- Accounting Director for a $600M+ publicly traded federal contractor
- CFO for a global satellite communications provider and systems integrator
- AVP, Financial Planning and supporting Financial Analysts for a $3B transportation company
- Director of Accounting and Accounting Manager for a national insurance and healthcare provider
- Partner and a Senior Manager for an international forensic accounting, litigation and e-discovery firm
- Corporate Controller for a $75M+ provider of strategic safety, security and risk management consulting to federal agencies and commercial organizations.
- Compliance Manager with ITAR, EAR, OFAC and U.S. Customs experience for an international provider of professional, technology, and management services focused on the Department of Defense.
- Accounting Manager for a medical research institution
- Senior Financial Analyst for a renewable energy and infrastructure investment bank
- Senior Accountant for general contractor
- Senior Accountant for Mid-Atlantic property management company
- Senior Accountant for a not-for-profit affordable housing developer
- Multiple Contracts Managers and Administrators at various levels of seniority for a $20B management consulting and outsourcing firm – multiple contract-to-hire positions filled
- Multiple Contracts and Subcontracts Managers and Administrators at various levels of seniority with FAR and OMB expertise for a not-for-profit organization focusing on health research administration and program management for the Department of Defense.
- Director, US Government Contracts and a Senior Subcontracts Manager for a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company, focusing on the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of vaccines
Greylocke & Company’s interim staffing services are designed for clients with immediate needs for accountants, analysts, contracts managers, and grants administration professionals, as well as interim department leaders including Controllers, Directors and CFOs. Our internal team of resource managers includes former senior level accounting and finance professionals and seasoned recruiters who will help thoroughly outline your requirement and then respond quickly with the precise interim professional. Our clients have routinely voiced that our unique process of accurately defining the requirement on the front-end is the key to ensuring the right fit and success throughout the assignment.
A sample of interim staffing assignments for which we have been engaged, include:
- Senior Consultant leading the implementation of a Corrective Action Plan for an international NGO
- Consultants acting as CFO and Controller, respectively, to manage all day-to-day financial and accounting duties for both US and international operations (both hired permanently)
- Senior Consultant implanting a new payroll system for an international not-for-profit
- Consultant acting as Program Officer for a not-for-profit subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company
- Senior Consultant acting as interim VP of Finance for an educational think-tank
- Senior Consultant acting as interim CFO for a multi-state association receiving federal grants and user fees with a focus on transportation safety and law enforcement (hired permanently)
- Senior Consultant acting as VP of Finance for a global environmental and wildlife preservation institute (hired permanently)
- Consultant providing internal audit services for a Fortune 500 engineering government contractor to resolve DCAA inquires
- Senior Consultant providing Accounting Documentation for a private, liberal arts university
- Consultant acting as Contracts Administrator with Costpoint experience to stand-in for an unplanned vacancy for a $900M information technology services and solutions provider to federal government agencies
- Senior Consultant acting as Subcontracts Manager for a $600M information technology services provider to oversee RFQ preparation, response review and negotiations
- Senior Consultant acting as Contracts Manager to develop contract briefs and related modifications for a management and information technology consulting firm (hired permanently)
- Senior Consultant proving strategic sourcing services while conducting procurement planning and supplier management activities, spend analyses, market research, project requirement development and competitive solicitations (RFP/RFI/RFQ) for a national health insurer and service provider (hired permanently)
- Senior Consultant functioning as a bilingual Certified Fraud Examiner providing accounting discovery in support of FCPA and cross border money-laundering litigation (hired permanently)
Greylocke & Company delivers tailored solutions for clients on a project basis as well. Typically, a project requirement involves a “statement of work” to provide a deliverable to the client, and are highly collaborative and solutions focused. Our subject matter experts help from the outset in order to define the “current state” of a department, data-set, system or process, and then assist clients in outlining the objectives and the desired end result. These engagements are typically structured as time and materials contracts.
Following are examples of our project engagements:
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for grant applications and compliance with grant terms and conditions, including timing and format of reporting requirements
- Develop and document end-to-end process/data flow of scanning, indexing and e-routing and queuing of invoices for the accounts payable function of a national healthcare provider
- Manage and oversee responses to DCAA auditor inquires with respect to incurred cost submissions
- Overall proposal management and coordination of a $20B federal grant submission across 23 states which yielded an aggregate of $13B in awards
- Project management and staffing of 50 professionals as Financial Analysts for a third-party loan servicer (18 hired permanently)
- Engaged 22 mortgage underwriting professionals on multiple forensic reviews and regulatory inquiries pursuant to OCC consent orders
- Engaged 18 CISA and CIA audit professionals across multiple states for compliance testing and documentation updates in support of a Big 4 auditing firm (2 hired permanently)
“We have successfully worked with Greylocke & Co. for nearly eight years, and they have consistently addressed our hiring requirements for Contracts Management and Accounting professionals for both project work and permanent hires. I can always count on them to deliver quality staff within a short timeframe.”
“I have partnered with Greylocke & Co. for close to 7 years, engaging consultants in support of our SAP conversion; hiring a team to manage a multi-billion dollar grant initiative; and hiring a host of permanent financial professionals in an ever-growing department. I even worked with them to successfully identify my replacement after announcing my retirement.”
“Working with Greylocke & Co. to search for our first Chief Financial Officer was a wonderful experience. We knew exactly what we wanted in a CFO for our rapidly growing company, and the Greylocke team acted on our requirement in a way that is simply uncommon. They heard us clearly and delivered for us with perfection. Now, nearly 2 years later, we are thrilled with our CFO and the trusted relationship we have Greylocke.”
“Greylocke has been instrumental in filling 3 of our senior leader positions and a front-line manager position over the last 3 years with a very short turnaround time for each hire. Greylocke made it a point of thoroughly understanding the skill set and qualifications needed for each of these roles so that we were presented with quality candidates whose backgrounds were closely aligned with our need. The hiring process for all 3 positions was very efficient and painless. Greylocke is my “go-to” firm when we are seeking experienced, qualified candidates.”
“After years of searching for the perfect career growth opportunity on my own, but to no avail, working with Greylocke & Company was a true success. They not only identified and matched me into my current position, but also into a company that is just right for me as far as culture, opportunity, growth and sustainability.”